Google oftenly changed it’s algorithm. In February 2012 alone, Google released upto 40 algorithm updates. In the month of March it again released another 50 updates.
The main aim of these updates are to weed out the lower-quality websites that did not satisfy the searchers with good quality content. Eventhough, Google freely talks about this; there is still some secrecy behind exactly how the master search engine, Google evaluates every website and eventually determines which sites should show for which search queries.
Many tools are available to analyze the website in the SEO perspective. It allows you to look your website the way how Google sees it. But before start to discuss about the list of tools that helps you to analyze your website; I would like to share some useful tips that helps to check and analyze the site manually without using any tools.
Here are the few manual website analysis tips:
- First check for the robots.txt file. Whether it exist? If it exist; just check whether it is properly coded.
- Next check out the canonical issue problem on your website.
- After that check out the web page content. Whether it is unique or not?
- After that check for the Alt tags and Meta tags. Whether it was properly done?
- Then look out for the sitemap and video sitemap (if you used the video on your website).
- Look out for the link building consistency over time. Check the total number of backlinks and from where they are coming.
- Make sure the anchor text is varied and not focused too much on your primary keywords.
- Check out for the top backlinks to your website. Check out it’s quality; whether they are coming from the good websites with the Page Rank not less than 0.
- Make sure all the links and pages in your websites are easy to find.
- Then look out for HTML coding and validation. Just check whether the header tags are used properly on your website.
- Then if your website encounters the 404 pages issue optimize that immediately.
- Finally, make sure only trusted people are aware of your website address.
Always analyze your website in the above mentioned perspectives. Alternatively, you can take advantage of tools to analyze the site. Many paid and free tools are available. At below I have discussed some best tools.
SEO tools to analyze the Website:
1. Google Webmaster Tools:
Eventhough many search engines are available; Google plays a major role and ruling the internet. As a result, the Google Webmaster tools is great for search engine optimization analysis of a website. Because, it gives you direct access at some of the Google’s information about your website.
The Google Webmaster tools is extremely helpful to analyze which keywords it is searching for when it crawls your site.It gives the helpful tips to improve your rankings and CTR on search engines.
Apart from this it helps to breakdown the crawl and malware errors. Actually, the malware blocked your website and crawl errors will stop the search spiders in it’s tracks. Due to that your website will be invisible to the search engines. By using the Google Webmaster tool you can monitor the errors and can rectify the problems.
The Google Webmaster tool presents the information of your website into 5 categories.
1. Configuration (It allows you to configure your Google Webmaster tool account).
2. Health (It displays the malware and crawling errors found on your site as I have mentioned above).
3. Traffic (This category shows the backlinks, search queries and the +1s of your website).
4. Optimization (This part helps you to progress your website indexing and the site content).
5. Labs (This last part gives the experimental features).
2. Google Analytics:
Once the code is in place, you can able to monitor your website traffic through Google interface. Basically, the interface is divided into 5 broad sections.
1. Audience (This section will show the information about the people visiting your website).
2. Advertising (It reveals the information about the advertising campaigns of your website).
3. Traffic sources (This section will gives the information about the traffic of your website).
4. Content (This part reveals the information about the most popular pages of your website).
5. Conversions (It will give the information about the sales conversions and goal completions of your company).
This tool offers the instant review of your website. Without the premium account, you are allowed to generate one free report per week. Also, it offers a free unlimited trial for 7-days. Once you are satisfied with the trial you can purchase this tool by spending $49/month.
The report is divided into 12 sections.
1. Top 5 priorities:
It gives the most significant action or items of your website.
It reveals the information’s about your website traffic and audience demographics.
3. Social Monitoring:
It will summarize the popularity of your website on the social networks. It even reproduces the social informations like latest tweets, shares and likes on Facebook, LinkedIn profile information etc.
This section will reveal the mobile version of your website. Your site’s adherence to mobile optimization best practices is also evaluated.
5. SEO Content:
The on page elements like title, meta description etc of your website are evaluated on this page.
6. SEO Basics:
This part will analyze whether your website follow the best practices of SEO like XML Sitemap usage, Canonicalization etc.
7. SEO Authority:
This section will summarize the site’s authority using Pagerank, registration dates, site’s indexibility etc.
8. SEO Keywords:
It will show the site’s most important keywords and corresponding competitors of that particular keyword.
9. SEO Backlinks:
Your website backlink is displayed in this part.
Various security related metrics are displayed here; which includes blacklists, spams, Google’s safe browsing API etc.
You can see your usability factors like 404 error page, page’s size and load time of your website in this section.
This part illustrates the miscellaneous aspects of your website. It includes speed optimizations, W3C standards compliance etc.
You May Also Like -
Latest posts by Sathishkumar (see all)
- How To Improve e-Commerce Website Search Engine Rankings - February 8, 2014
- How To Change Your Website’s Host without Affecting Your Rankings? - December 20, 2013
- 10 Free Social Media Monitoring Tools - December 4, 2013